Friday, March 9, 2012

A Special Praise

DSCF5466My 4-Runner is back in its loving home once again! After dealing with three mechanics who could not fix the problem, we have found one who could. In fact, workers number 2 and 3 returned the vehicle to me in worse shape than when it was brought to them.

Finally, Bob Ecklebarger told me about a mechanic that had been recommended to him who worked on their X-Terra. They were pleased, so we gave him a call. Jauquin came to our house, picked up the vehicle, did all the work, and returning it this afternoon. After five days of labor he charged me a total of Q.850 (about $110), including parts.

What also impressed me was that he returned the vehicle and explained everything that he had done. He also showed me several repairs that needed to be done soon and explained why the repairs were necessary. (I had asked my old mechanic to do the same thing two months ago, and he had told me everything was fine, even though these problems had been developing for some time.) So, I have an appointment to take it back on Thursday to have the rest of the repairs done.

I know that from an American perspective this may not seem like a big deal. However, as someone who relies heavily on a well-running vehicle in rough conditions, finding a mechanic that I can trust and depend upon is a huge praise.

Foto0334I also want to praise God that Luis Fernando’s mother, Ilda, safely delivered her baby boy. On Wednesday morning I woke up feeling a pressing concern for her and the baby, so I sent Gerardo up to check on her. He returned and told me that she was in a lot of pain and had been for 24 hours. Since she was one month early, we arranged for an appointment and drove her to an obstetrician in Antigua for an exam. He checked her, did a sonogram, and sent her straight to the hospital. Her son was born safely about 3 hours later, and he and mom are doing fine. I praise God for his prompting that led us to check on her and for the safe delivery in the hospital instead of in her home.

That is all for now. On Sunday evening we welcome another team from the States, so I still have a lot of work to do to prepare. Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Daryl, Wanda and the Crew