Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Special prayer needed…please

PrayingI am writing this short blog entry to simply ask you to take some time to pray for us. Without going into too much detail, the perfect storm of spiritual attack has risen that has left me reeling, exhausted and breaking down in frustrated tears.

In summary, several crises involving families with whom we work has arisen in the last 10 days that have required a lot of time on top of my normal load. This has left me extremely tired. In addition, it seems that everything is breaking at once, including another break-down of my 4-Runner. Combine that with some health issues and you find me reaching my snapping point.

Note: You are likely reading this thinking, “Wow! Daryl sure is whiney!” And you would be right. This is not like me at all. As I read through the summary above, I recognize that none of it is a huge deal. However, I just find myself worn down by the steady drip of it all. Plus, I recognize that my over-reaction to the situation is another part of the spiritual attack.

We welcomed a new team here yesterday and I have had to change our plans for tomorrow. We were scheduled to head to El Progresso to work with families, but since the 4-Runner has broken down again we have rearranged plans to make the day a time for sight-seeing with my older daughters. This will enable me to:

1) Rest

2) Hopefully repair some of the broken items, including the 4-Runner

3) Spend some extended time alone with God, allowing a much needed recharge of my spiritual and emotional batteries.

This evening, as I was dealing with yet another crisis with a family, I broke down in front of my good friend, Alba. She hugged me, prayed for me, and gave me the following wisdom: “Daryl, recuerde estamos en una guerra!” (Daryl, remember we are in a war!) And I realized that she was right. I also realized that the only effective response is prayer. So, I am asking you for this favor:

Would you please take some time right now to pray for us? And, over the next few days, will you pray for us when you think of us?

Thanks. And please be patient with this whiney guy.

Daryl