Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Olga Passed Away

IMG00975-20111001-1255This morning I received a call telling me that Olga from El Progreso had passed away last evening. You can read some of my earlier posts about her here and here.

Olga suffered the after-effects of a stroke she had 2 1/2 years ago. When we met her she had lost most of her mobility because her right side was too week to handle a walker and she had no access to a wheelchair. We were able to find a sponsor and provide her with a chair. She wept and hugged each of us tightly on the day she received it.

In spite of having several conversations with her about Jesus, I honestly don’t know where she stood with Him. We live in a country in which almost everyone believes in Jesus, but many who believe don’t have a relationship with Him. I do know that several of her family member do not know Him.

I had planned on driving up tomorrow to give her an air cushion for her wheelchair. She was beginning to have some problems and I was concerned about pressure sores. Instead, we will drive up to take flowers to the family and offer our love and support in their grief. Please pray that God will give comfort to her family and that He will give us the words to say so that they will be drawn to Jesus.

Daryl, Wanda and Family