Saturday, September 15, 2012

An Emergency Trip to the States

It has been a while since my last update and, I am sorry to say, this is going to be a short one…

My mother was in a serious car accident yesterday (Friday) in North Carolina. Most of her ribs were broken on her left side and her spleen was injured and was bleeding. I am happy to write that, as of this morning, the bleeding had stopped and her blood count was holding steady. However, she is not out of the woods. She is elderly and already had poor kidney function and breathing difficulties before the accident. They are now very concerned about pneumonia. She is in a tremendous amount of pain.

After hearing the reports we decided that I needed to fly to NC to be with my mom, brother and sister. I will be leaving tomorrow morning and plan to stay until Friday. This trip is especially difficult because my two daughters, Carissa and Teisha, leave for Uganda on Wednesday for a six week trip. This means that I will not be able to be here for the family day we had planned this week or to see them off on their journey. I have never felt so torn between my role as a son and a father.

Prayers would be greatly appreciated for my mom, Pauline. She is in ICU and in much pain. Also pray for my family that I will be leaving behind in Guatemala. Please ask God to be the husband and father they need during this challenging time. Pray for Teisha and Carissa as they leave, travel and serve in Uganda. Please pray that God will be the Daddy they need in the weeks ahead. Finally, pray for me, my brother and my sister in the days ahead.

Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Daryl